Connecting Progress to .Net Application problem -Table/View/Synonym not found (7519)

roopeshperla

Hi All,

I am trying to connect Progress DB thru .Net application. The following is the dirver which i am using to connect to Progress 9.1 E.

1. DataDirect ODBC Driver 4.10 32-Bit SQL92 v 9.1E - I am able to create a DSN to my progress database.

2. I am using that DSN within the .Net application using System.Data.ODBC name space, the application is connecting to the database.

3. If i fire a Query "select * from cm_mstr" , where cm_mstr is a table, then the following error i am getting.

"Table/View/Synonym not found (7519)".

Could any body help in this issue.

TIA
-Roopesh

Hi.

Use

select * from PUB.cm_mstr

or

create a synonym for the table, like this:

create public synonym cm_mstr for PUB.cm_mstr

roopeshperla

Hi plus_marca,

What is "PUB" here, can u explain, because even i am new to the Progress database.

If you could tell steps where & how to create a synonym for a given table. I am expert in SQL Server & Oracle.

TIA
-Roopesh

roopeshperla

Hi plus_marca,

When i am trying to use the PUB.cm_mstr, now it is firing a new error called Access Denied (Authorization failed).

The reason for this error might be because i am not admin to that "Database", because i am able to view the records thru couple of progress tools.

Thanks
Roopesh

BCM

I, too, am an expert with SQL Server and Oracle. Sadly, the Progress database engine is not on the same level as those relational database systems. Do not expect Progress to work like them. "PUB" is simply the SQL schema area in which Progress places this stuff.

BCM

Oops. I just saw your 'Access Denied' post. Yes, you are right. You need dba (administrator) privileges granted to your id to access the tables through ODBC and SQL-92. Using the Progress SQL Explorer, try to log in to the Progress database as user=sysprogress with password=1234.

If you can connect, issue these two statements:
Grant dba to <your id>;
commit;