Connect to progress database with Marent 3.7 32 Bit ODBC driver

brijenshah

Hi
I am new to Progress database. I have allready install Marent 3.7 32 Bit odbc driver but i donn't know how to connect with progress database. Can anybody help to connect with progress database what paremerter i have to pass in ODBC dialog box. I want to trasfer progress database to MS SQLServer 7.0.

Thanks

sjackson

There is quite a bit of setup work to do before you can use the merant ODBC driver.

You will need to install the Progress "Open Interface Broker" service on your Progress server.

On your PC that you are using the Merant ODBC driver you will need to have the Progress 8.2 client installed, and an entry in your SERVICES. file with the port number of your server.

You will then fill in the ODBC settngs box wioth the relevant details. At my site we do not user Progress userids so you leave that field blank. On OID/OIB options the service name is the name of the entry in your SERVICES file. HOST name is the name of your server. Database options: Database Access mode DIRECT, with DATABASE PATH being the directory on the se4rver of where your database is, eg d:\progress\data\client-db

The Advanced tab doesn't have anythin special, but I have the dateformat set to DMY and Security Required turn off.

A bit of advice on ODBC and Progress. The bulk of the setup work is actually on the server, and you will proably need a Progress Database Administrator to set the Broker Service up.

Regards

Scott Jackson
Systems Analayst
CB Hillier Parker
London, UK