Question Connect Salesforce to Progress

rzr

Team, hope you are all keeping safe.

We are on OpenEdge 10.2B08. Our current web apps and CRM connect to our OE databases through a custom JAVA Webservice layer. The JAVA layer does AppserverS:// connection into OpenEdge. Both Java (hosted on JBoss) and Progress are in same datacenter on internal network.

We are transitioning to Salesforce CRM and there's discussion going on to use Jitterbit as integration layer.

Do you know if there are ways to connect to Progress databases hosted on-prem from external web apps/Salesforce not hosted on internal network?

High percent of needs involve getting near real time data from our database(s) into CRM. Although that data does not need to persist within the CRM.

I believe Jitterbit is being preferred as it comes in with inbuilt connectors for Salesforce, SAP and other systems that are in our portfolio but has no connector for Progress for API calls.

Thanks for the guidance. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

PS: We are in works to upgrade to 12.X but will likely be at least a year or so.

Stay Safe!

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
If you move to v11 before the v12 upgrade then you can use PASOE and rest services very easily. The upgrade to v11 is a bit simpler than the upgrade to v12 as there are still 32bit options. Assuming that's a barrier. PASOE is a Tomcat based server that you can connect to very easily via REST.

Edit: and being Tomcat it comes with Spring Security by default, so is easy enough to secure for external connections.

rzr

Thanks @Cringer . The upgrade path is still in review and as I mentioned at least 8-12 months away. Looking for options on 10.2B version. Will take note of v11 to v12 path. Thanks.