Color scheme

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Never mind. I went into Preferences and change the style from "Default Orange" to "Default Style". All is right with the world again (at least for me).

Yes, for anyone looking, you can select your style on the colored bar at the very bottom of every page, the first link on the left hand side. It says your current theme, like "Default Orange" and can be changed back to the default.

There are too many Xenforo forums using the default colors, so I just wanted to make a change to the header to be more unique. Orange just happens to be a happy color :)

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Well, you are going to have to jazz it up a bit to fit with the PSC color scheme!

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
My very first thought was "BUGGER!... My monitor's screen colour calibration screwed.".

Cecil

swatches-orange.gif
Orange

Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.

To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.

Orange has very high visibility, so you can use it to catch attention and highlight the most important elements of your design. Orange is very effective for promoting food products and toys.

Dark orange can mean deceit and distrust.
Red-orange corresponds to desire, sexual passion, pleasure, domination, aggression, and thirst for action.
Gold evokes the feeling of prestige. The meaning of gold is illumination, wisdom, and wealth. Gold often symbolizes high quality.

Cecil

Yes, for anyone looking, you can select your style on the colored bar at the very bottom of every page, the first link on the left hand side. It says your current theme, like "Default Orange" and can be changed back to the default.

There are too many Xenforo forums using the default colors, so I just wanted to make a change to the header to be more unique. Orange just happens to be a happy color :)

No, it just has a "spark".

The Progress "spark" always reminds me of the R.E.M album cover.
R.E.M._-_Automatic_for_the_People.jpg

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Don't mind the colour, but the contrast isn't quite right so stuff is hard to read for me, so will go back to default :D

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
It isn't bad ... and it would be worse if it had a more PSC orange in it, but I agree that it lacks contrast.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just getting used to it myself... And no I don't want to the PSC orange :D

I'll work on getting the contrast looking a bit better.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
How much of a choice of palates is available? Are they easy to customize?

A little bit of the Progress orange isn't a bad thing ... but a whole page of it would be an eyestrain.

Cecil

I've noticed in the latest Service Pack 11.3.2, Progress have updated the splash screen image the to include the new "Pursuit" colour.

Attachments

• setup.png
    setup.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 7