CIM file format

gopalpoojary

Dear All,

I am developing addon module to MFG/PRO. I have to run mfgpro couple of options through CIM. Can anybody explain me basic things of cim file creation. That is when i have to put "." , when i have to put "-" etc. etc.

Thanks.

rmdasari

Hai Gopal,

Hope this may be of some help to you. Revert back in case you have any queries.

Data Transfer - CIM Interface

The CIM interface permits you to take in data that is in files or is the out of some other program. The
difference between CIM input and input from a load procedure is that the CIM input may be thought
of as input to programs, whereas load input is input to database records.

Internally, the CIM input goes through two seperate stages. First, it is taken into the database, through
the CIM Data Load function (36.17.1). Then, it is piped into the appropriate system update functions
through the CIM Data Load Procedure (36.17.2).

Each MFG/PRO program takes in data in groups. Data going into the CIM load must be delimited by
groups. For each group, the following format is used :

@@batchload <program-name>
[input data]
@@end

If customer address information is being loaded, for instance, then the program-name would be
adcsmt.p (Customer Address Maintenance).

A period (.) represent "F4" (exit) and that of an hyphen (-) represents "Tab".

Regards,

:blush: RamaMurthy Dasari

gopalpoojary

rmdasari said:
Hai Gopal,

Hope this may be of some help to you. Revert back in case you have any queries.

Data Transfer - CIM Interface

The CIM interface permits you to take in data that is in files or is the out of some other program. The
difference between CIM input and input from a load procedure is that the CIM input may be thought
of as input to programs, whereas load input is input to database records.

Internally, the CIM input goes through two seperate stages. First, it is taken into the database, through
the CIM Data Load function (36.17.1). Then, it is piped into the appropriate system update functions
through the CIM Data Load Procedure (36.17.2).

Each MFG/PRO program takes in data in groups. Data going into the CIM load must be delimited by
groups. For each group, the following format is used :

@@batchload <program-name>
[input data]
@@end

If customer address information is being loaded, for instance, then the program-name would be
adcsmt.p (Customer Address Maintenance).

A period (.) represent "F4" (exit) and that of an hyphen (-) represents "Tab".

Regards,

:blush: RamaMurthy Dasari

Thanks Dasari, I got it.

gichee

A cim file is a automatic loading. First you have to know what the program does:
Ex. If you need a "tab" you use "- " just like thatwith the space. If you need a esc then you use ".". F2 is skip. Use space(1) to move from one field to the next.

enamul-haque

Dear All,

I am creating an auto backflush program to MFG/PRO. I have to run backflush menu through CIM. Can anybody explain me basic things of cim file creation.
i.e. 1. "." represent F4
2. " " represent Enter
3. SKIP represent F1
4. " - " represent TAB
etc.
So, what will represent CURSOR DOWN ...... CURSOR UP ....... CURSOR LEFT ....CURSOR RIGHT...
Can anyone tell me what is the value of CURSOR DOWN ........

Regards

Enamul