Check index in code

rguerrer

Hi everyone,

Im not sure if this post is correctly in this room, and maybe its a question too obvious, but I dont want to stay with doubt.

Is there any tool or method or somethin that can tested my application to know if people who is developed are using correctly indexes??? Normally we check very carefuelly the code to use indexes and doesnt have problems with performance, but now our application its too big and if we tested every program we will have to take a lot of time. Thats why my question if exist some tool to help us check this.

thanks a lot.
Have a nice day.

I hardly can imagime a tool to check indexes. What is correct index in general? I dont have an answer. There isnt any ideal system. There are well tuned systems.
It is question about performance. Dynamic queries can use different indexes depends on where condition supplied.

So the only thing that really matter are bottlenecks. I had expirience where 10Kb code (its 0.1%) used 80% of total system resources (cpus/disk/etc). I have to find these bottlenecks/check indexes/rewrite algorithms if needed.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
It's not a full check, but if you compile the source with Xref, you can then examine the xref file for "whole-index". At least you should be able to check whole table reads that way. But as MaximMonin says, there are massive limitations to any way of checking.