Changing Progress connection to MS SQL

jmilton

I have a MS SQL 2005 database that an application uses via Progress OpenEdge 10.1B. I need to move the SQL to a different server but I can not find an information on where or what to change in Progress to tell it to look at a different server location. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Joe

jmilton

If you are referring to the ODBC in Windows control panel, there is not one. If you mean the ODBC DataServer in the Process explorer tool, I don't see a reference to a server.

Stefan

Is your SQL DataServer running locally or remote? If locally there must be an ODBC data source on your client. If remotely then there must (notice not bold since I never use a remote dataserver ;-)) be an ODBC data source on the server where the SQL DataServer is running.

Hmm... just noticed that you do not say how you connect to the SQL database. I assumed you are using the Progress SQL DataServer product, which may not be the case.

If you are using ADO or whatever to connect to the SQL database then good luck finding any hard-coded reference in your source code or a custom config file somewhere.

gnome

You should also take note that you can fetch a recordset from SQL Server (any version) directly using Progress GUI using Visual Basic native way of fetching data.
If that is the case, you should try to look into the code.