Changing a Field's Extent in 11.7.3

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I have no idea.

DB fields with extents are heresy. That you can create them at all is an "unfortunate" state of affairs.

My advice is to stop whatever it is that you are doing, back slowly away from the keyboard, keeping your hands in full view and your fingers far from the keys, and take a nice long walk to rethink your design. (You are probably going to tell me that someone else did it a long time ago and that you're just a poor hapless schmoe stuck with the thankless task of having to maintain this travesty...)

KMoody

(You are probably going to tell me that someone else did it a long time ago and that you're just a poor hapless schmoe stuck with the thankless task of having to maintain this travesty...)

You're absolutely right. :D It might be better to change these array entries into a table of their own. I'll look into that possibility.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
AFAIK the issue with changing an array's extent in the database is that you immediately lose all values stored in the array. Which is fin if you don't care about the data... ;)