Question Browse Manipulation

Hi,

I have a scenario where I need a screen which should have a multi select browse. I have a similar screen already existing in my application which actually uses a single select browse. This screen matches my requirement in all ways except the multi select option.

Is there any way that I could use the browse as a multi select browse in the new scenario and leave the same as single select browse in the existing areas. Kindly clarify.

Regards
Mani

Hello Manikandan Gnanakuma,

I don't know for sure what is the purpose of your screen, but I have done something that maybe can help you out, wich was working with 2 browsers side-by-side. There were the buttons ">>>" and "<<<" in the screen to move records between the browsers. One of the browsers only showed selected records. This way the user could select any number of data and then pass it forward for any purposes selecting all the records in that browser.

Hope this can help you out. In the case it doesn't, I've never seen or heard of these multi-select browsers, tough some of the more experienced members of this forum might be of help to you.

Kind regards,

Guilherme.

Osborne

Providing you can set before the browse has been viewed and enabled for the very first time, you can change the selection options at runtime:
Code:
ASSIGN BROWSE browse-name:MULTIPLE = scenario.
VIEW FRAME ff1.
ENABLE browse-name WITH FRAME ff1.