Browse column changes value with focus

AlejandraMaria

When I enter the amount in the column quantity and do not press the enter or tab key, but press the left-mouse-click on another item-number line the quantity number in that line passes the amount to the field I was before . Can anyone help me understanding this behavior?

Example :
Imagine this temp-table. Quantity and price fields are both entry values in Buff-detail browser. The weight column is not enable to edit but display information (read-only). But some how in the leave of quantity when you changes focus without pressing enter or tab ( click on weight by mistake because you want to press Price) then the quantity number changes. If I change the quantity in line 3 and then press weight column in line 1. The screen-value in quantity on line 1 passes to quantity in line 3.

Line | Item numer | Quatity | Weight | Price
1 | 12345 | 5 | . | 0.20
2 | 12346 | 7 | . | 0.25
3 | 12347 | 10 | . | 0.23

Please help me I'm stuck.

AlejandraMaria

I solve this issue by reading the key events when you leave the quantity field .

Example: IF YOU WANT TO LOCK THE FIELD UNTIL THE ENTER IS APPLY THEN YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE MOUSE WHEN LEAVE THE FIELD.

ON 'leave':U OF var-hand
do:
IF LASTKEY = KEYCODE("RETURN")
OR LASTKEY = KEYCODE("ENTER")
OR LASTKEY = KEYCODE("TAB") THEN
do:
{ ....some code...}
end.
else
IF LASTKEY = 609 THEN RETURN NO-APPLY.
end.

missguided79

I solve this issue by reading the key events when you leave the quantity field .

Example: IF YOU WANT TO LOCK THE FIELD UNTIL THE ENTER IS APPLY THEN YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE MOUSE WHEN LEAVE THE FIELD.

ON 'leave':U OF var-hand
do:
IF LASTKEY = KEYCODE("RETURN")
OR LASTKEY = KEYCODE("ENTER")
OR LASTKEY = KEYCODE("TAB") THEN
do:
{ ....some code...}
end.
else
IF LASTKEY = 609 THEN RETURN NO-APPLY.
end.

Wouldn`t case lastkey B more efficient/effective
And usin the asci value instead of a string "RETURN", "ENTER" - points 2 the SAME place

Last edited: