barcode 128

borhane

I have an example of barcode 13 creation:
chr (29) + CHR (72) + chr (80)
+ chr (29) + CHR (102) + chr (2)
+ "123456789012" + chr (0)

Stefan

I know after the ascii code I encountered the put control I want the composition of the bar code 128 not the bar code 13
So you downloaded the printer manual, went to chapter 6, looked up the control codes for how to print a barcode 128 and did not understand them?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I see at least 3 ways to read your question:

1) You don't understand the instructions for creating the bar code?

2) You don't understand the Progress code that creates the control codes for that bar code?

3) You don't understand the bar code that gets printed?

borhane

I see at least 3 ways to read your question:

1) You don't understand the instructions for creating the bar code?

2) You don't understand the Progress code that creates the control codes for that bar code?

3) You don't understand the bar code that gets printed?
I created barcode 13 with the control and I printed but the instructions of barcode 128 is a can complicate ???

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Maybe you should try sharing your program and asking specific questions about the portion that you are unsure of.

borhane

Maybe you should try sharing your program and asking specific questions about the portion that you are unsure of.
here is my program which generates bar code 13 but bar code 128 does not work

def var cad as char.
cad = CHR(29) + CHR(72) + CHR(2) +
CHR(29) + CHR(102) + CHR(49) +
CHR(29) + CHR(104) + CHR(97) +
CHR(29) + CHR(107) + CHR(2) +
'123456789012' +
CHR(29) + CHR(119) + CHR(2) .

OUTPUT TO PRINTER "NCR 7167 Receipt" .
PUT CONTROL cad.

what is the alphabetical ascii code for barcode 128

Last edited:

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
here is my program which generates bar code 13 but bar code 128 does not work

def var cad as char.
cad = CHR(29) + CHR(72) + CHR(2) +
CHR(29) + CHR(102) + CHR(49) +
CHR(29) + CHR(104) + CHR(97) +
CHR(29) + CHR(107) + CHR(2) +
'123456789012' +
CHR(29) + CHR(119) + CHR(2) .

OUTPUT TO PRINTER "NCR 7167 Receipt" .
PUT CONTROL cad.

what is the alphabetical ascii code for barcode 128
'H'

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
this code can print only bar code 13 ie 13 digits but I want to print a bar code with 28 digits + letter.
that's my problem
example : 'ABCD12345abcd12345ABCD123450'
DEC 73 char 'I' (code128) which has a variable length. The data section need to pre-fixed with a Start Code A

1638319341711.png

borhane

DEC 73 char 'I' (code128) which has a variable length. The data section need to pre-fixed with a Start Code A

View attachment 2486
thanks for your help but my problem is not solved.
concerning the different types of bar codes function, for example:
code 13: chr (29) + CHR (107) + CHR (2) ----
code 8: chr (29) + CHR (107) + CHR (3) ----
code 39: chr (29) + CHR (107) + CHR (4).
ITF code: chr (29) + CHR (107) + CHR (5) ---- but bar codes that are more than 13 digits do not work for example:
CHR (29) + CHR (107) + CHR (7) which normally belongs to code 128C or CHR (9) which belongs to CODE 128A, 128B and 128C.
please help me to solve this problem

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
With all due respect this doesn’t seem to be a “Progress” or even a programming problem. Rather it seems to be an issue with understanding the printer documentation. Unless someone here has actually worked with that specific printer you are probably much better served to work directly with the manufacturer of the printer. Or you will need to be very patient and be prepared to indulge in a lot of trial and error.

borhane

With all due respect this doesn’t seem to be a “Progress” or even a programming problem. Rather it seems to be an issue with understanding the printer documentation. Unless someone here has actually worked with that specific printer you are probably much better served to work directly with the manufacturer of the printer. Or you will need to be very patient and be prepared to indulge in a lot of trial and error.
thank you another time I have the progress code but I cannot print the code 128 that's why I am looking for the ascii code to solve the problem

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
thank you another time I have the progress code but I cannot print the code 128 that's why I am looking for the ascii code to solve the problem

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying.

You have code. It seems like it is doing the proper thing and you can apparently use that same code (with different control characters) to create other sorts of bar codes on that printer.

We have found a manual that describes the proper codes for the printer.

We have made a series of attempts to interpret the manual for you. That doesn't seem to be working. It is hard to say why. All we are getting for feedback is "it didn't work".

I do not posses that printer. So far as I can tell none of the other people responding have that printer either.

So we cannot test it for you.

All that I can say at this point is that the general structure of the limited code that you have shown appears to be correct. The manual seems to describe the codes you need to send. So you are either not sending those codes (maybe you have a typo, or maybe you're not running the code that you think you're running, or maybe something else is going wrong), or there are additional unknown codes that are needed, or (maybe) the printer is not the printer that you have specified.