balance not been shown up

sreekuax

Accts. #258247 and #268522 were merged. and after that -

There is a balance showing on the aging of $7,219.50, but not on the account inquiry.
Attached - find the “Aging” and the “Customer Account Inquiry”. View attachment 27_13.txtView attachment 27_18.txt

we only merge accounts which has zero balance.. but why 27.18 is showing up a balance that is the real question
any help appreciated

sreekuax

some more info from the users !

I noticed that there were 2 payments with the same reference number (WIRE3196) that were put on the account the same day (6/10/05). Not sure if by having the same reference number is what’s causing the issue? Also in the text file View attachment 27_18tt.txt that you sent its showing that the payment WIRE3196 of 7,219.50 is a debit even though its type is showing as a U which stands for Unapplied Payment. It should be showing as a credit as you see the other 2 wires are. In the below screenshots it seems that the payment was entered correctly as a credit and the payment was then applied 2 months later. To my knowledge the merge took place in 2006 so that means that these payments were entered on account 00258247 so I don’t believe the merge program would have been the issue? Would there be any issue with the aging report that would not show the payment as a credit? Is there something in the code that might have flipped it?
remaining info I attaches as a pdf file

View attachment info_doc.pdf

Any help ?

sanjus

Try running arcsrp05.p (vanilla) program and compare results. Your aging report is a customized report and could have issues in the code.

sanjus

from your 27.13 output, Check WIRE0285 was applied against Invoice IN222027

13/06/05 IN222027 I 13/06/05 8,046.50 0.00 WIRE0285 266

but your PDF shows that Check WIRE3196 was applied against Invoice IN222027

Seems something is fishy/suspicious.

sreekuax

from your 27.13 output, Check WIRE0285 was applied against Invoice IN222027

13/06/05 IN222027 I 13/06/05 8,046.50 0.00 WIRE0285 266

but your PDF shows that Check WIRE3196 was applied against Invoice IN222027

Seems something is fishy/suspicious.

brother can u be more specific .. am attaching the 27.13 View attachment 27_13r.txt report again.. can u tell me where u see the difference in pdf screen shot (which one ?)

sanjus

in the text file - search for the invoice number mentioned. in the PDF there are only 3 pages so it should not be difficult to find the invoice number I mentioned.

sreekuax

in the text file - search for the invoice number mentioned. in the PDF there are only 3 pages so it should not be difficult to find the invoice number I mentioned.

sorry brother I noticed it now... :)
I agree with you its suspicious !!
how to move forward .. any idea ...?

sanjus

without knowing what went wrong during the merging or somewhere else - it's difficult to tell how to move forward. Somehow, the data-integrity is in question.

sreekuax

sanju bro : asked the question and go an answer.

1st attachment : View attachment Document1.pdf

Attached, please find the details for wire #3196. The payment for $7,346.38, was applied to acct. #268522, $7,219.50 and #258047, $126.88. Also included in the payment was a $15 wire transfer fee.

2nd attachment (the file is big - I have send the file 2 ur gmail ID pls take a look)

The second attachment includes the details of the credit being applied on 8/11/05. If you look at the aging as of 8/10/05, the $7,219.50 (credit) appears on the account. The aging on 8/11/05 is showing the $7,219.50 as a (debit) after the credit was applied.

Also am attaching the 27.6.10 Payment Application Register report
View attachment 27610_r.txt

sanjus

The reports are not giving any clue. You'll need to analyse the data by writing some queries or putting some debug statements in the AR Aging report as to why it's reversing the amount from 1 period to another.

sreekuax

The reports are not giving any clue. You'll need to analyse the data by writing some queries or putting some debug statements in the AR Aging report as to why it's reversing the amount from 1 period to another.

u mean in both the reports 27.13 and 27.18 ?

sanjus

yep. the PDF you sent me via email.

you are on your own on this to debug your data and see what's going on.

the aging buckets are calculated field & if this number is changing for different dates that means there are some transactions in the system that's causing this.

sreekuax

yep. the PDF you sent me via email.

you are on your own on this to debug your data and see what's going on.

the aging buckets are calculated field & if this number is changing for different dates that means there are some transactions in the system that's causing this.

I guess I am in sea now!!!!!!