BACKSPACE event ON LARGE editor

sheeker

Tamhas,

I had done exactly what you have suggested. I controlled all the events as long as I am in between <>. since backspace is deleting > before I figure out that i m in between of <>. I just need to know the point between the hit of backspace key and actual deletion of the character and it will solve the problem.

TomBascom,
My data size can be big so need large editor.

rusguy

This is a bug and the workaround doesn’t look all that nice and simple. Basically you need to save the contents of your editor on EVERY possible event and control what really is displayed in the editor. The code I posted earlier shows you how to control just the baskspace event. You would also need to have similar code in all other events (for example value-changed, keyboard and mouse events) – so anytime something is changed in the editor you have to check it and put the needed data back.

sheeker

All these workarounds look complex and dirty. It seems the large editor has a lot of issues. I noticed the large editor allowing to drag and drop the text. Any idea, what mouse event that would be?