AppBuilder screen smaller than application

Hugh Middity

Hopefully this is a very simple question.
When opening a .w file in AppBuilder (version 9.1D08, POSSE Version 2.0) the window appears compressed - as a rough estimate it is 75% of the expected width and 85% of the expected height (relative to how the form looks when it is run in the application)

I tried changing the font2 and font5 entries in the fonts section of progress.ini but this had no effect.

What do I need to change so that it matches the size of the application when it is run?

Also, is there a way to specify the database connection details for AppBuilder so that it automatically connects when it is started?

Thanks for any suggestions.

lord_icon

Greetings dude,

Re: Also, is there a way to specify the database connection details for AppBuilder so that it automatically connects when it is started?

Yes this is simple. Since Progress / OpenEdge is parameter driven.
Your shortcut to start the appbuilder is something like:
Target: C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32.exe -p _ab
simply add a -db parameter which points to the db you require connecting.
Also since you are connecting through the appBuilder, I will assume you just require connection for development, and single user connection. So add an additional parameter for this, -1
So the full syntax you require in your shortcut would be:
Target: C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32.exe -p _ab -db c:\dbname.db-1

Hugh Middity

Thanks. What would the syntax be to specify the connection to a database on a server?
Presumably there must be a way to specify the host name, service name, user id and password?

Yes if you are connecting to a service, then you need to supply the service name for the -s and populate the host argument - h
Hope this helps

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The parameter for the servicename or portnumber of the database broker is -S (capital), -s is a different parameter: stack size.

Casper.

Hugh Middity

In case anyone else has the same issue as point 1 of the original post, the solution was to change the shortcut to AppBuilder, by Setting Start In to the top level directory containing the source code, and add the -ininame parameter to the Target entry with the path to the runtime ini file (relative to the Start In folder)

For example (actual values renamed to My*):
Target: "D:\Program Files\Progress\bin\prowin32.exe" -p _ab.p -db MyDBName -H MyHost -S MyService -N tcp -ininame bin\MyApp.ini
Start In: "D:\Program Files\MyApp"