Anyone using OE Architect?

Kladkul

I recently tried installing this on my PC and when I attempt to open the application I get an error that tells me:

"An error has occured. See the logs: <path name>"

Upon looking at the log There are 2 errors:

!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.emf.importer 2 0 2009-01-08 08:31:32.569
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.emf.converter_[2.2.0,3.0.0).
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.emf.importer 2 0 2009-01-08 08:31:32.569
!MESSAGE Missing optionally required bundle org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.ui_[2.2.0,3.0.0).

I'm not sure what to do here, if I'm missing some sort of file where can I get it or do I just need to reinstall (and if so, reinstall ALL of OE or just Architect)?

Kladkul

Update:

Heres more for a better idea of what the problem is. I'm not sure exaclty what I'm missing, going to take a look at it again later today.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2009-01-08 10:46:31.742
!MESSAGE Product com.openedge.pdt.core.product could not be found.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-01-08 10:46:31.774
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:56)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
"Not found" sounds like a pathing issue. Have you talked to Tech Support?

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The error probably means that you don't have write permissions in your workspace. Are you using windows server?
Check for rw permissions in your workspace or change workspace to a place where you know you have RW permissions.

Casper.

Kladkul

By workspace do you mean working directory? I've installed it right on my hard drive, I know I have permission. My working dir is right on my C drive and my destination dir is in my program files. App builder works just fine too which is odd that Architect alone doesn't work.

Casper

Staff member
The message can also be caused by having spaces in the path to the workspace. Can you try to create your workspace somewhere outside of documents and setting?

Casper.

Kladkul

Ok, I can try that, by workspace you do mean my working directory?

Is there a way to change my working dir without reinstalling?

Thanks for the help so far!

Casper

Staff member
Do you by any chance have OpenEdge installed in a directory structure containing a space? (For instance Program files?).
If so reinstall OpenEdge in a directory structure not containing spaces.
(Like c:\dlc101b for example).

Casper.

Kladkul

Actually, yes I do, but I don't believe that is it since several of my coworkers have OE installed in their Program Files too. I will try this though when I get a chance just in case (swamped with issues at work today).