Any advice ?

rzr

At the place I work, we were expecting a Progress project to come along but that did'nt happen. The existing project will END SOON/IMMEDIATELY. We are being offered an option to move to "Middleware" technologies....

I'm just looking for your thoughts on what / how you would handle this situation if you were me....I also don't see any other opportunities on Progress that I can apply for....

Is it a good career move to shift to Middleware having worked on Progress all along?

Any thoughts / advice / comments will be much appreciated...

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Where are you based? Worth finding out what other Progress companies there are in your area and sending them your CV?

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Have you talked to the closest Progress office and made them aware of your potential availability?

Are you interested in relocating?

If you make the shift, it will broaden your skill set. Any likelihood of another ABL project coming in the future?

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
There are a couple of Progress OpenEdge groups on LinkedIn where employers and recruiters regularly post job openings and those looking for work post their availability. You may want to register for those groups.

rzr

Are you interested in relocating ?
Yes !!

Any likelihood of another ABL project coming in the future?
Do not know yet...

There are a couple of Progress OpenEdge groups on LinkedIn where employers and recruiters regularly post job openings and those looking for work post their availability. You may want to register for those groups.

Yes, I'm registered to these groups on LinkedIn and have applied to the open positions that were posted there. But most of them are not willing to sponsor at this moment.