Annoying small bugs

Patrickorigo

Hi everybody,
I'm using 9.1D and 10.1A and the build-in editors supplied from Progress. Ever since version 7.3 there has been an annoying bug in the Replace box - when the question "Replace this occurence" comes, it pops up in the center of my screen. I want to move it to the side and away from my code and then want it to stay there - but no, next time it pops up just in position to hide the word I'm seeking.
The replace-function is the only one I know to globally search for a name or a field in structured procedures and windows. Maybe Progress doesn't know that it's seldom used for replacing a word but for globally searching only, something that the Find function can't be used for.

In version 10 a useful feature has been removed - the copy and paste- memory that could hold up to 9 copies and retrieved by pressing Ctrl-Alt-V. Very useful when editing a lot of text that shall be moved around. Why has this feature not been implemented in version 10? Now it's back in keeping only one copy - just as bad as in Windows OS....

Progress Support only recommends me to "vote" for improvements somewhere, perhaps this thread is read by someone within Progress and small features can be implemented without any formal votings,making life a little easier for us that are writing 4GL-code all day.
Regards, Patrick

Patrickorigo

Just got att message from Progress saying that probably will the copy-and-paste memory for 9 copies be restored in version 10.1C
/Patrick

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member

DevTeam

Thanks Joey, it seems to be the reason why OEA keeps bugging... I'll try and disable HT in the BIOS or whatever...

Thanks again !