ANALYZE-SUSPEND syntax

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
Does any body know what exactly syntax of the ANALYZE-SUSPEND / ANALYZE-RESUME blocks?

I am trying to create new ADM Class (in ADM2) and whant to establish in this template defining temp-table w/o database connection.
I understand that I must create section in template file with temp-table definition. But how can I create this section and what name can I use to name it?

I you know - tell me please. At any time...
Thanks.

As far as your subject title goes, It's not something I've done before, but the OpenEdge manuals have the relavent information:

OpenEdge Development > Appbuilder > Customizing Appbuilder > Creating extended Features, etc.

I don't know how this relates to extending ADM2 though, as I haven't done that before either.

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
It is only XFTR description

Thank you, senior Lee.
This is true that OpenEdge documentation contains one example with using ANALYZE-SUSPEND derective ("Creating extended Features"). But this section has not enough information as a whole.

This section describe only XTRF conctruction:
&ANALYZE-SUSPEND _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _XFTR
For example, when you create your own template - you can add wizard to your template. It is "ADM2 eXtra FuTuRe", i.e. adm2 extention (IMHO).

I am looking for method to include my own section in template file. Or I am agree to find section, where AppBuilder stores temp-table difinition. It is not XFTR section...

Do you know how AppBuilder put temp-table difinition in to smart object? May be I can use this method to put it in template?

Serj HAMMER said:
Thank you, senior Lee.
I'm younger than I look, you know.

Serj HAMMER said:
I am looking for method to include my own section in template file. Or I am agree to find section, where AppBuilder stores temp-table difinition. It is not XFTR section...

Do you know how AppBuilder put temp-table difinition in to smart object? May be I can use this method to put it in template?
Which temp-table do you mean? RowObject? Properties? User-defined temp-table?

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, and I suspect that what you are doing is beyond my experience anyway. All I can tell you is what you probably know already:

The Appbuilder uses temp-db to create (say) temp-table based SDOs. At least, that is how I use it.

I don't know how or what rules it uses to construct it's complicated meta processing tags related to said temp-tables.

If I was looking into it myself, I would track the creation of a simple-as-possible SDO/whatever with ProSpy Plus, and look at what the code behind the scenes does, as well as examining the generated code in the Procedure Editor.

But if you need to go to those lengths, it's probably not worth the effort. If it is not documented in the 'Extending ADM2' section of the manuals, you are asking for trouble implementing it yourself, and expecting the Appbuilder to handle your META code correctly in all cases.

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
AppBuilder temp-db: is it accessable?

Lee Curzon said:
Which temp-table do you mean? RowObject? Properties? User-defined temp-table?
I mean User-defined temp-table. It will work like RowObject, but has a different format.

Lee Curzon said:
The Appbuilder uses temp-db to create (say) temp-table based SDOs. At least, that is how I use it.
temp-db - is it internal AppBuilder temp-tables? And can you access it through AppBuilder's API or from inside ANALYZE-SUSPEND sections?

Now I have detect that user-defined temp-table AppBuilder put before first ("Definition") section. But probably it is not all, because AppBuilder kill my text with the same definition. May be one of temp-tables from temp-db contain information about related sections?

Serj HAMMER said:
temp-db - is it internal AppBuilder temp-tables? ... May be one of temp-tables from temp-db contain information about related sections?

Unrelated. Temp-db just holds temp-table definitions to save you having to code them. They are just normal user-defined temp-tables, maintained through the data dictionary.

Serj HAMMER said:
And can you access it through AppBuilder's API or from inside ANALYZE-SUSPEND sections?

As long as it is connected, I would presume so.

Serj HAMMER said:
Now I have detect that user-defined temp-table AppBuilder put before first ("Definition") section.

Yes. There are probably quite a few references to your table throughout if you are defining an SDO. Also note 'temp-db' in 'connected databases' section at top - if you are connected to temp-db.

If you are defining (say) an SDB, there will be a reference to the base SDO in DATA-FIELD-DEFS.

But like I said, this is all new to me too.

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
Does someone else known about ANALYZE-SUSPEND?

Thank you, Lee. I have got some assistance from you. But my problem not solved.

Anybody else, at any date! If You know anything about ANALYZE-SUSPEND syntax - please say it! I will be waiting your answers graciously to my question.

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
I found some knowledge!

I found "Progress Dynamics", that describe how to build my own managers. Using them I can design manager with my temp-tables, variables, procedures, e.t.c.

But (!) ... it will be only in version 10. And I have only 9.1B for Windows :(

In this version I must code it by hands.
Does anybody have some knowledge, where I can find instruction adout rules of ANALIZE-SUSPEND derectives (_VERSION-NUMBER, _PROCEDURE-SETTINGS, _QUERY-BLOCK, e.t.c)?

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
Idea: may be sombody has example?

I just think that if somebody has Progress 10 and uses "Progress Dynamics" in his work, is it possible that he had also own-created template with local temp-table?
It is very good, if he would like to share this template or part of it with temp-table at this thread...

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
may be ANALYZE-SUSPEND _VERSION-NUMBER only?

Dear sirs and madams, excuse me for intrude, but may be one of you have answer on simple part of my question:

&ANALYZE-SUSPEND _VERSION-NUMBER AB_v9r12 GUI ADM2
&ANALYZE-RESUME

How many variations may has this construction?
Thanks...

Golem

:lol:
Serj HAMMER said:
Dear sirs and madams, excuse me for intrude, but may be one of you have answer on simple part of my question:

&ANALYZE-SUSPEND _VERSION-NUMBER AB_v9r12 GUI ADM2
&ANALYZE-RESUME

How many variations may has this construction?
Thanks...

&ANALYZE-SUSPEND

1.) _VERSION-NUMBER (shows versionnumber of uib/ab program was created with)
2.) _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _CUSTOM_DEFINITIONS (definitions--> variables,buffers,parameters )
3.) _QUERY-BLOCK FRAME (informations about the query)
4.) _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _PROCEDURE (procedure definition)
5.) _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _XFTR(extended feature)
6.) _UIB-PREPROCESSOR-BLOCK(preprocessor and/or XFTR definitions)
7.) _PROCEDURE-SETTINGS(settings for THIS-PRCOEDURE)
8.) _CREATE-WINDOW(creates a window)
9.) _RUN-TIME-ATTRIBUTES (attributes for windows frames session and so on)
10.) _INCLUDED-LIB (methodlibraries of the object)
11.) _SELF-NAME (name of the object)
12.) _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _CONTROL (defines UI-TRIGGER)
13.) _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _CUSTOM _MAIN-BLOCK(mainblock of the procedure)

mabee some more but these i kno..:lol: :lol: :blush:

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
...and format of _VERSION-NUMBER?

Thank you, Golem, thank you very much!

And does value of _VERSION-NUMBER derictive had it own format?
Example: "AB_v9r12 GUI ADM2" - is it free text string, or it is field-devided string?

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
Wow!

Привет. Может ты знаешь, какой синтаксис у этой гадости? А то она не желает в smart-frame броузер цеплять, пока я его не построю на таблице, унаследованной с db-экземпляра...

За AVATAR - спасибо. Старался, чтобы он соответствовал тону вопросов.

bulklodd

I am trying to create new ADM Class (in ADM2) and whant to establish in this template defining temp-table w/o database connection.
I understand that I must create section in template file with temp-table definition. But how can I create this section and what name can I use to name it?

I reread your first post, you're trying to make a temp-table definition without db connection, aren't you? I'm not guru in ADM area but it's definitely possible. I've done it before but without ADM stuff, of course. I've just changed '_ttmaint.w' file which is responsible for temp-table definitions. I've also added some code to the property widget window to connect a widget to a temp-table field and it's worked perfectly since. IOW не парился со всякими &ANALYZE-SUSPEND :)

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
_ttmaint.w? What is this?...

Hello, bulklodd, thank you for answer.

Yes, I am trying to make a temp-table definition without db connection. But I trying to make this definition visible to ADM2 during loading file, i.e. make it inside &ANALYZE-SUSPEND.

And I can-not found '_ttmaint.w' in my progress (v.9.1B). Do you have one extra copy to send it? :)

My model have 3 steps:
1) smart-frame
2) browse, placed in to smart-frame: in ADM2 browser undefined...
3) query, defined over temp-table;
4) local temp-table

p.3 and p.4 also not visible in ADM2, because they are otside of &ANALYZE-SUSPEND .... And I trying to do first step: create temp-table in ADM2 w/o db-connection.

Where are Your temp-table (from _ttmaint.w) in main file placed? In what ANALYZE-SUSPEND sections?

bulklodd

Yes, I am trying to make a temp-table definition without db connection. But I trying to make this definition visible to ADM2 during loading file, i.e. make it inside &ANALYZE-SUSPEND.
Where are Your temp-table (from _ttmaint.w) in main file placed? In what ANALYZE-SUSPEND sections?

I wanted to publish my snippet but it's very big :) If you make _ttmaint.w work properly your temp-tables will look like any standard temp-table which you create using Procedure Settings window.

And I can-not found '_ttmaint.w' in my progress (v.9.1B). Do you have one extra copy to send it?

It's in AB sources and you need to have them all to make the changes since many of them is used in compilation. I took them in POSSE site and they are for 9.1D, no idea whether they're available yet.