about progress window

Faizul Hasan

Maxim, Can you please tell me how I can clear the user input values from fill-in after capturing it? For an example after clicking the button "Ok" I need to capture the user input and as well as I have to remove the values from fill-in in window. Now it is capturing the user input values.
Thanks.

RealHeavyDude

You can either assign the SCREEN-VALUE attribute of the widget to an empty string or the variable an empty string and display it. The first option does not clear the variable because for that you would need to assign it.

Option one ( only handles the screen value of the widget ):
DO WITH FRAME yourFrameName:
ASSIGN yourFillIn:SCREEN-VALUE = '"".
END.

Option two ( will clear the variable as well as the screen value ):
DO WITH FRAME yourFrameName:
ASSIGN yourFillIn = "".
DISPLAY yourFillIn.
END.

From the question you ask I'll take it that you have no understanding of screen buffer and record/variable buffer - you should make yourself familiar with them because otherwise you might run into troubles. Each widget has a screen and a variable buffer associated with it. You can set each of them individually and there are statements which set the one from the other like ASSIGN or DISPLAY. This is basic 4GL knowledge.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Faizul Hasan

hi all.
i have created two windows using appBuilder in same directory. I want to close the 1st window and want to call the 2nd window by clicking the button which is in the 1st window.
To close 1st window I have used
APPLY "Close":U TO CURRENT-WINDOW.
Can any one help me please???????????????

RealHeavyDude

While it might be working - it's not the whole story.

Procedures ( windows ) can be run and they can be run persistently. This makes a huge difference because usually in the main block of a window there is a WAIT-FOR statement that is satisfied when the window is closed. You might run into erratic behavior when you have more than one WAIT-FOR statement active at the same time - which will happen if you just run the procedure ( window ). Progress is very particular about that. Instead you should run it persistent and the logic in the main block of the second window will not branch into the WAIT-FOR. Plus it will automatically be closed when you close the window from which it was started in the first place.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.