3 SDOs & 3 SMART SELECTS

I have 3 SDOs and 3 Smart Select

1) Customer SDO + Customer Browse
2) Customer Location SDO + Customer Location Combo Box
3) Location Contact SDO + Location Contact Combo Box

SDO 1 is set to open query on init.
SDO 2 is not set to open query on init.
SDO 3 is not set to open query on init.
Select 1 and 2 are set to reposition data source.
Select 3 is not set to reposition data source.

There are data links from SDO 1 > SDO 2 > SDO 3

My problem is that the after load (length load time!!) the location combo shows all locations and the contact combo shows the contacts for the first location.

At this point I haven't entered a customer ID; the location is blank and the contact is blank.

I assume it's doing this for SDO 2 because the "reposition data source" requires all the data ???????
I assume it's doing this for SDO 3 because its "selecting" the first item is the COMBO for SDO 2.

Ideally I would like SDO 2 and SDO 3 to remain blank until each parent is selected.

Presumably the query for SDO 2 says "FOR EACH location" and when a customer is selected addQueryWhere adds "WHERE customer-id = 3227".

This gives the illusion of an OUTER-JOIN.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Jon

mbraun

solved?

Just interested, did you solve the problem?

cheers,
Marc

JonMeecham said:
I have 3 SDOs and 3 Smart Select

1) Customer SDO + Customer Browse
2) Customer Location SDO + Customer Location Combo Box
3) Location Contact SDO + Location Contact Combo Box

SDO 1 is set to open query on init.
SDO 2 is not set to open query on init.
SDO 3 is not set to open query on init.
Select 1 and 2 are set to reposition data source.
Select 3 is not set to reposition data source.

There are data links from SDO 1 > SDO 2 > SDO 3

My problem is that the after load (length load time!!) the location combo shows all locations and the contact combo shows the contacts for the first location.

At this point I haven't entered a customer ID; the location is blank and the contact is blank.

I assume it's doing this for SDO 2 because the "reposition data source" requires all the data ???????
I assume it's doing this for SDO 3 because its "selecting" the first item is the COMBO for SDO 2.

Ideally I would like SDO 2 and SDO 3 to remain blank until each parent is selected.

Presumably the query for SDO 2 says "FOR EACH location" and when a customer is selected addQueryWhere adds "WHERE customer-id = 3227".

This gives the illusion of an OUTER-JOIN.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Jon