XP UI ListView

I know you can add a manifest file (and ini file changes) to get the XP UI for controls used by prowin32.exe.

However, any ocx's (such as listview) remain in the old style.

I assume this is because the ocx interface (prox.dll i think) doesnt know anything about the manifest file (or can't?).

Does anyone know how to get the microsoft components to also take the XP UI style?

Cheers

Jon

Just in case anyone is interested.

You must use the listview based on comctl32.ocx.
I was using the listview within mscomctl.ocx which does not support the XP look-and-feel.

When you look in the list of activex components within the AppBuilder, the fill in at the bottom shows you which file the component is contained in.

Since I had both ocx's registered, both versions were being displayed. I was choosing one rather than the other.

I've looked at the property list and the newer version seems to have a couple of new properties etc. but broadly they look the same. I didnt add any code since I was just interested in the XP UI problem.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to rewrite the browser set of smart object method library programs to work with smart objects e.g. listview.p. Since we virtually never use browses for updating, just browsing, we thought we could use the XP listview instead. We already use a tree menu on the left hand side (like Windows) for navigating between data sets etc. so it seemed logical to move to the listview as well.

However, the browser seems too intrinsicly linked with the query. There doesnt seem to be any EASY way of interrupting the data feed between the query and the browse, but I may try (in my own time!!!) to see if it's possible. Of course, if Progress were to make the browse component look like the windows listview component (as a configurable option) then I wouldn't need to attempt this!!!!!!