Write an ABL which captures the triggers of Customer table and stores it in a table "EventLog" (action,time,date,oldvalue,newvalue).

LarryD

What have you tried that doesn't work (post code for this)? What is the context? Program, db trigger, something else?

I'm not sure what your question is with such a vague post other than asking for someone on this forum to write some code for you.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Please try and provide as much information as possible in your requests, in particular what you want us to actually help you with. Making loosely qualified statements without an obvious question, particularly if you don't show what you've tried already in general makes people not want to help. We're not here to do your job for you, but to help you when you get stuck.

Please try and provide as much information as possible in your requests, in particular what you want us to actually help you with. Making loosely qualified statements without an obvious question, particularly if you don't show what you've tried already in general makes people not want to help. We're not here to do your job for you, but to help you when you get stuck.
Dear Sir
I want to use Trigger for write,create,delete on customer table ,then i want to store changes that changes(ex. Action, time, date, OldValue ,NewValue) into a table table name (ex EventLog).

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
So you're trying to write your own auditing of customer table. What Progress version is this? It may well be that OE Auditing is a simpler option than rolling your own.
If you are going to roll your own, then have a think about how you would do it and then post up what you have tried and why it's not working, rather than expecting us to do your job for you.

What have you tried that doesn't work (post code for this)? What is the context? Program, db trigger, something else?

I'm not sure what your question is with such a vague post other than asking for someone on this forum to write some code for you.
i'm not saying to write code i just want to know flow how to get out from this stuck,what will bee the steps to do.

ForEachInvoiceDelete

sigh.

assign Event.OldValue = "customername-" + deleted.custname.
assign Event.NewValue = "customername-" + inserted.custname.

(If you want one table to store all this data)

If you cant figure something out from the above code, put together a business requirement and ill quote your company for the work.

quick edit below:

Technically this does put "trigger activity" into a buffer of sorts.