Windows 10 GUI - how to detect window moved?

Keith G.

I am trying to figure out how to detect when an OE11 GUI window (on Windows 10) has been moved by the user, and so far have come up empty. I have tried a number of the "Portable Mouse Events" such as "MOUSE-MOVE-CLICK" and "MOUSE-MOVE-UP", but none of them trigger. Can anyone pass along some tips?

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Disclaimer: I've never tried to do this. But maybe the FindWindowA and GetWindowInfo functions will be useful? I believe they are implemented in user32.dll.

But I guess only if you are going to poll in some way. I don't know of an event that would notify you about a window move (though that certainly doesn't mean such a thing doesn't exist).

Stefan

Curious, why?

We store window position and size in the database, but only upon closing the window.

SergioC

I am trying to figure out how to detect when an OE11 GUI window (on Windows 10) has been moved by the user, and so far have come up empty. I have tried a number of the "Portable Mouse Events" such as "MOUSE-MOVE-CLICK" and "MOUSE-MOVE-UP", but none of them trigger. Can anyone pass along some tips?

Hi keit, try it, maybe its works for you.

Attachments

• win-position.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 4