What about the Favorites option?

tdi

Progress Fan
Hi Chris.

I'm sure if you instaled vBull instead of the other, was beacuse this is superior (if any one out there has needs like the one you see here in this site, just follow Chris, he's the man).

One feature i think is missing, it's Favorites option.

Is it in the works? haven't been created by Jelsoft?
it's out of the question?

Thanks Chris.
Keep the good code flowing....

(P.S. the thread on XML doesn't has any link inside? it is very interesting to know what has Gus to say on the topic, but it seems to being missing the links).

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by tdi
One feature i think is missing, it's Favorites option.

Yes this was one thing that I really liked as well. And, it has already been created! :) I am just sorting through a bunch of new features that I will be adding into the site very soon. In fact, not only will you be able to select your favorite forums, but also your favorite threads as well for future reference! Here are some of the things I have planned in order of priority:
  • Private messages between users.
  • Voting and polling, you will be able to ask a multiple choice question and have people vote on it.
  • Favorite Forums
  • News forum and display.
  • Daily Email list containing all new posts for the last day. (optional of course)
  • File Attachments (this is actually a very high priority, but hasn't been coded yet at all... I have someone working on it).
  • List of active topics.
  • And a few other surprises along the way!

It usually takes a day or two to install and test out new features, so I am planning on having these taken care of over the next couple of weeks. Also, be on the lookout for alot more content to be added, now that these forums are database-driven I can add as much content as possible!

(P.S. the thread on XML doesn't has any link inside? it is very interesting to know what has Gus to say on the topic, but it seems to being missing the links).

Opps sorry about that, you may notice that there are may 30-40 threads that had files attached to them. When I imported all the content into this board, the attachment feature wasn't available, so those message don't have a valid link (yet... I will try to fix these up by next week). I did fix the link in that message for you though so you can read Gus' article, it is very interesting.

Well enjoy! :)

-Chris

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick update... I just installed two neat new features, an option to bookmark or save certain threads, and the favorite forums. Just <a href="favorite.php">Click Here</a> to set them up, then only your favorite discussion areas will be displayed.

-Chris