Webspeed Application Is Very Slow

Mike

Dear Team and Tom,

We are experiencing very slowness in application ,

Please find the sceenshot . what is going on no idea, Server load is also not so high?

What should i do ? Any idea to rectify the issue of slowness of webspeeed??

with regards
Mike

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    31.8 KB · Views: 14

ForEachInvoiceDelete

You're at the point you need to employ a consultant. I am serious here. If you cant go any further by yourself you are way out of your depth.

If you were paying me, i would do the following in this order.

1. Tell you to upgrade, repeatedly.

When you didn't listen, i would do the following.

2. Create and call a brand new mode that does nothing and immediately returns a hard coded value.

3. Create and call a brand new mode that writes 50k records to the database across multiple tables in tiny transactions, that returns a successful message when complete.

4. Copy the mode above and replace any database references to a temp-table, and do nothing with that temp-table. Once finished return a successful message.

This would at least point me in the direction of the issue and rule out some likely causes.

If its of no use to you, post the google chrome dev tool timings from the network tab for each of these new modes here and ill point you in the right direction.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Slow performance can be for many different reasons.

If you are looking for a silver bullet I suggest that you hire a consultant.

The images that you attached really don't help to identify any potential problems. The one thing they do apparently do is rule out the possibility that you do not have enough webspeed agents. That is, you seem to have plenty of "available" agents. They are not all "busy" and they are not "stuck sending". So your problem is probably not webspeed per se. (If the attached images were captured at a time when users were experiencing slow performance. If they were captured at some random time that was not during poor performance then they are meaningless.)

If performance has been perfectly fine until a sudden change for the worse then you might start by determining "what else changed?" "Nothing" is not a correct answer to that question.

If you cannot figure out what has changed and act on that then you need to narrow down the possibilities.

The first question that usually must be answered in order to narrow down the list of possible reasons for poor performance is:

1) WHAT, specifically is "slow"?

In other words:

1a) What specific functions are slow? ("the open order inquiry screen is slow -- specifically selecting all open orders")
1b) How slow are they? ("when users complain it is because the open order inquiry is taking 30 seconds to run")
1c) What is their "normal" performance? ("most of the time the open order inquiry runs in 3 or 4 seconds")
1d) What would be "good" performance? ("users are happy if the open order inquiry completes in less than 5 seconds")
1e) When are the slow functions slow? ("the open order inquiry is only slow from 3pm to 3:30, at other times it is fast enough")
1f) Are there specific parameters or circumstances when the functions are slow? ("when the user selects 'all' the query takes 30 minutes but if the user selects 'today' it runs in less than 1 second")

You should be able to list the names of at least a few functions and provide actual data about the slowness. If you can do that then there is a good chance that you can be helped. If you cannot do that and you insist on magical answers to vague questions then you will get answers of equivalent quality.