Using the Connect statement

franklin1232

I have only written 4gl app that I run after using Data Dictionary to connect. I now need the app to connect and disconnect with any intervention form me.

The CONNECT seems to be the right function, but what do I need to put in the .pf file to connect to a remote machine.

Here is my best guess so far

-N TCP -H ace-app01 -S epic51 -ld vantage -Mm 4096 -mmax 4000 -Bt 200 -s 63 -yy 1970 -stsh 31 -inp 12288

What else must I do to get it to run as a scheduled process. Please give details. Should I compile it to .r and must a call prowin32.exe to run the app.

Still wet behind the ears.

jamesmc

Try this command line:

prowin32.exe -pf {pfname.pf} -p {program.p/r}

That should take care of connecting to the database and also running the program for you. Also, if you are connection to the database in the PF file there will be no need to runn the CONNECT statement from within your code.

You can also specify either source, xcoded or compiled files on the command line and they will work so long as the syntax checks out ok.

I think you can also put the -p parameter into the PF file too so that you only have to specify the PF file on the command line.

HTH,

James.