Trying to dump database to csv file

bisontech

How much can you export at a time?
What would you charge if we can't get the info out through Intergy utilities. We are still waiting for the admin password.

Thanks,
Leonard

I tested on table with 160000 record.
It takes about 15 seconds to create temp-table and 15 seconds to write 50mb xml file.

cj_brandt

If you are using Intergy - you probably have a run time only license. I don't think you'll be able to run the .p code that would export records to a temp table. You can look at your license file with the showcfg command and see. If you can run a .p program then it looks like MaximMonin has a great solution.

Practice Analytics is a seperate program sold by emdeon / sage for reporting. It exports the data from progress and loads into an MS SQL db.

When we needed to export data from Intergy, we would make a JDBC connection. Have you tried that ? You should be able to make a JDBC connection from MS Access to the medman database and work with the data.

Also - emdeon / sage used to have a tech team that could help their customers with exporting data, not sure if they still do or not.

cj_brandt

As part of the nightly extract, PA has several .r files which export the data from Intergy into csv files. It doesn't get all the tables, but it gets most. You should be able to import those text files created by the .r files into MS SQL (that is what PA does) or another environment.

Another choice would be to just export the data out of MS SQL after PA has loaded the data into it, if you would rather work with MS SQL than Progress 9.1D.

bisontech

Thanks for the info. We are doing a web meeting tomorrow to view the files. We just now got the admin password.

cj_brandt

Have you tried setting up a JDBC connection and it didn't work ? I don't know what "admin" password you are referring to - the client knows their windows admin password so that shouldn't be an issue. Once connected to the Intergy database you will need an account that has been granted read / write access to the db tables. Maybe that db account is what you are referring do ?

I think your best shot at viewing the data is to just pull from the MS SQL database that PA uses.

bisontech

The IT guy on the side told us he did not have admin password to access the root files. We don't believe him but I think he is playing games. Would you want to quote setting this up?

cj_brandt

you can email me at brandt "dot" cj "at" gmail "dot" com

and I'll try and give you some additional info.