[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Progress ABL, How to determine which end-user is locking a record and display to other end-users who is lockin

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N8BIZ

I realize that Progress ABL has a natural tendency to do this:

By default, Progress displays the message: in use by on . Wait or choose CANCEL to stop. (2624)

This 2624 message provides information, but it is not usually what is wanted because users do not have a chance to commit changes or proceed without the STOP condition. Then they are returned to the startup procedure.

However, I want to be able to display which is locking the record after an if ______ locked then do: display and specific record locked

I did find information in the article at the bottom of this post about using the VST _Lock, but Progress documents state this verbatim, "Note: Use caution querying the _Lock table; frequent access can consume large quantities of system resources and negatively impact performance." Is there a alternative approach or best practice to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Progress KB - How to determine which users are holding record locks on a specific table

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.