[stackoverflow] [progress Openedge Abl] Openedge\progress To Sql Server Export

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will

I come mainly from mysql\apache background but we have a group project with a few other sister company and converting all our databases into one reporting server.

Our main systems that are used by sales\staff are built on openedge\progress and I am trying to create export files of these DBS\Tables into output files that can be fed into the sql server using the software available from SQL Server.

The person at the openedge\progress side of things is AFK most of the day (and very protective over it i.e. i cant poke around the system) and from what i see uses something called SQLExplorer (JDBC) to translate any sql again this database.

This process will happily output a text file using a very basic sql statement

SELECT * FROM QUERY.PUB.case_process

but it has no delimiter so cant be fed into the sql server

i have provided the following which executes fine on the SSMS and has delimiters etc.

EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_cmdshell 'BCP "SELECT * FROM QUERY.PUB.case_process" queryout c:\case_process_cmdshell_test.txt -t"|" -c -T '

but it is throwing back an error when tried against openedge

SQLState=HY000 ErrorCode=-210056 [DataDirect][OpenEdge JDBC Driver][OpenEdge] Syntax error in SQL statement at or about "EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_cmdshell 'BCP "SEL" (10713)

i have tried to make sure that there are no SQL-92 reserved words and few other small things

Im actually at a loss as the Mysql DBs I have locally which i am sending data to this SQL server just involved ODBC\SSMA and works like a dream but im being told there is not an equivalent for openedge\progress

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.