[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Issues creating DATETIME for date (DATE) and time (INT) how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Williams

Working from a Progress ODBC and inputting the data to Excel. Currently in the Event Table i have an Object for Created Date and another for Created time. I am looking at concatenating these two together to create a date time.

I have tried an number of different things already and looked through stack for your standard resolves but for some reason i cant seem to get them to work as i intended if at all.

The data is currently set out like this

EventID EVECreateddate EVECreatedTime
123 29/04/2019 59302

As you can see from the data the created time when exported does not show as the time it should. In the DB the EVECreatedTime is an INTERGER and the EVECreateddate is a DATE.

In order for the EVECreatedtime to show as an actual time i have to complete the following:

Cast(Event_0.EveCreatedTime AS DECIMAL)/86400 AS'EveCreatedTime'

This is then formatted at the front end as [h]:MM:SS to display this as an actual time.

Now i have it in a time format i try to complete the following:

Event_0.EveCreatedDate + CAST(Event_0.EveCreatedTime AS Decimal)/86400 as testing

The data now returns under a General format like:

EventID TESTING
123 43585

When you convert the formatting to DD:MM:YY [h]:mm:ss it will look like:

29/04/2019 12:00:00

So it is showing the correct date but not the right time.

I have also tried:

Event_0.EveCreatedDate + Event_0.EveCreatedTime

Which returns an inflated date such as: 16/07/2122 00:00:00 when formatted DD:MM:YY hh:mm:ss

I then try to complete:

Event_0.EveCreatedDate + ' ' + Event_0.EveCreatedTime

This errors with a Inconsistent types (7481) which makes me think it cant be done in Progress.

Any help around this even if its to be told it cant be done because of the limitations would be helpful. All i would like if possible is to return a datetime for each event looking like this:

Event ID EventDatetime
123 29/04/2019 12:09:32

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.