[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Export Crystal Reports to PDF using datasets already built in the report in JAVA

• Thread starter Daniel L. VanDenBosch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel L. VanDenBosch

I have a series of thousands of crystal reports and I need a way to create methods for each of them that will allow me to export them with their parameters. I need to do this while at the same time maintaining the reports and subreport datasets that are already built into them.

I tried everything I could find on the internet and in this question. I was able to boil down the code I need to accomplish this task to something that looks like what I have below. The problem is I keep getting an error on the last line of code. I am assuming it is

Code:
ReportClientDocument RCD = new ReportClientDocument();

System.setProperty("java.version", "1.8.0_254");    
RCD.open("C:\\foo.rpt", 0);
RCD.getDataDefController().getParameterFieldController().setCurrentValue("", "InventoryRef" , "PP10085");    
ByteArrayInputStream byteArrayInputStream = (ByteArrayInputStream) RCD.getPrintOutputController().export(ReportExportFormat.PDF); //Error finding JNDI name

On that last line I will get the following error

Error finding JNDI name (my-database)---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.if(SourceFile:237) ...

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.