Silent uninstall of Progress/OpedEdge 10.1B

oleschmi

We are going to uninstall Progress OpenEdge 10.1B and install Progress OpenEdge 10.2B on ~60 servers. I have found out how to make a silent install of 10.2B and it works. But is it possible to make a script / .ini file for silent uninstall of Progress OpenEdge 10.1B? This will save me for a lot of work :)

Thanks

oetalker

From Progress Support Site...

It is possible to perform a silent uninstall on Windows-based systems from OpenEdge 10.1B onwards.
Add –psc_s to the existing uninstall shortcut:

OpenEdge 10.2B Uninstall shortcut property as installed:
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{69E3F70C-32B2-47A8-A70D-653D16ECEFC2}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x0009 -removeonly

OpenEdge 10.2B Uninstall shortcut property for silent uninstall would be:
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{69E3F70C-32B2-47A8-A70D-653D16ECEFC2}\setup.exe" -psc_s -runfromtemp -l0x0009 –removeonly

Note: The GUID above changes for each release.

karlhenning

Hi I just joined and saw this thread, I worked with progress 10.2a sp3 I am tryingto uninstall in silent mode via a SCCM environment. When the CCM kicks of the uninstall, it cannot use the temp location C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{guid}\setup.exe. I have to use a cached location where the media is stored on the machine. 1) I am unable to create a response file, ( ie. it simply does not create one using the -psc_r during the uinstall process, 2) when I try to execute c:\<SRCDIR>\setup.exe -removeonly -psc_s a dialoge comes up but, the yes,no dialoge that asks me if i want to completey install the components never comes up. the whole process hangs. So to clearify i am usinga process that kicks off the setup.exe from a cached location, to silent unstall and I am not able to use the installshield directory, and in so doing the uninstall fails. I thought I might need a responce file, due to the yes,No dialogue that shows up but it never creates one. Thier setup.exe was created with Installshied 12.0.0 ( macrovsion). I fear I will have to manu7ally remove the folders and reg entries. Any advice?
Cheers, Karl