"Service Transport TCP is busy" (5485)

-Zigo-

No offense Tom, but this DB just seems like crap. We were considering upgrading the ERP solution and that would mean upgrading the DB, but we must consider moving to a completely different ERP solution and Database.

The final insult is this error message. It popped up all of a sudden. After a week of pulling my hair out, there is no solution in sight.

" msgopen:unable to open message file: PROMSGS "

The file is there but has a bunch of funky, alarming messages inside. There is no record of when these errors happened. :mad::mad:
I came across this thread as I was doing a search for "environment variable".

Your PROMSGS problem here is probably solved now, but just in case you never did figure out what caused this, I have encountered this error if either a path in my PROPATH contains a space, or the .ini/.pf file listed in my Progress shortcut does not exist (or is blank). Maybe this helps?

freetechIT

Hi, I have also come across this error on my system while a user logs on and got this "Service Transport TCP is busy" (5485). I searched on this forum to get an answer and came across this thread. No help, but thought anything busy can be shut off with a simple reboot. Rebooted my server and error gone. Maybe a bandaid solution but I haven't seen this error again! Hope this can help.