Server - Client Load balancing

Dear All,

Kindly give some thoughts on this issue.

Now we are acessing the system via Remote client Setup. We login remotely to the server and acessing the application. I think here all the process taking palce in the Server itself.

I would like to process some work in the client side as well.

How is it possible?

1. If I load Application PL File in the clients, will do the load sharing? In that case maintenance become a task . Am I right?

2. If I Map the client PC to the server drive , will do the load sharing?

If both of the above ways are effective, which one is more effective.

Is there any othere tips Kindly share.

Regards
Philip

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
It would help if we knew a bit more about your architecture presently. For example, what exactly do you mean by Remote Client? Is that an ABL client or .NET or Java or a browser?

If you are already using a light-weight or fly-weight client technology, then I would suggest it was wrong headed to try to push processing back onto the client. Instead, you should be thinking about putting the processing where it can be the most effective and about distributing the load. E.g., you certainly don't want the client doing reporting if that reporting is now being done on the server because then you would be adding the burden of moving all the data across the network.

If your issue is that your server is getting overloaded ... and you might tell us something about that too, just in case it is more of a tuning and performance issue ... then the alternatives are a bigger server or using multiple servers. Multiple servers communicating with Sonic is a very modern and effective way of distributing load across multiple servers and databases.