rebuild (via dump/load) of clustered database

jurriaan

We have an OpenEdge 10.1C (no updates) database, running on a Windows 2003 Server (up-to-date with patches) cluster.

The database is integrated into the cluster, starts via de cluster administrator etc.

The time has come for a dump and load, since it's been a few years, and I'd like to get to Type II areas as well.

I've done a few test-runs (create a new db, load _User and _Seqval, dump all tables, load all tables, rebuild indexes) - that works fine.

However, after that, I have this new database, and I wonder what would be the best way to integrate this back in to the cluster.

If I just copy (OS-level file copy, then prostrct repair) it over the production database, I'm not sure the 'cluster enabled' properties of the original database will survive. I haven't been able to find a KB entry about this. It seems the other possibility is to truncate all areas from the original database and load the tables in there - does that keep the cluster settings? This does present some more work in case anything goes wrong and I have to restore the backup, however.

Some hints would be appreciated.

jurriaan

It turns out there are no cluster settings in the database itself - it's all in the registry and various configuration files, so copying/prostrct repair worked just fine.