Prowin32 sessions hang on exit win2k

Schmoe

I am having a problem with prowin32 sessions hanging on exit of a progress application. The users exit normally from the application, but the prowin32 session does not exit. They must end task on the prowin32 session, after which promon will still show the user as active although they are no longer connected to the database. This is causing lots of probkems because the users will eventually hit their license limit. Has anyone else experienced this? This is Progress v9.1C patch 11 on a windows 2000 server with windows 2000 professional client machines.

Hello Schmoe,

it looks like something is still running. Have you checked that everything is closed correctly? I have encountered this problem once or twice myself and found out that for example a persistent procedure wasn't shut down before the session did.

Hope this will help you a little bit further.

Henri

Schmoe

Persistent processes

Yes, that is what I thought to be the problem as well, except that it does not make sense because of the fact that I have many other clients with the same setups, and they exit cleanly. The whole scenario makes little to no sense .

H

henri de vos

In that case i suggest you install progress again on that client (if progress is installed localy off course) and try again.