PROREST - Accross Platforms

salil

Hi,

We are having Progress 8.3D databases distrubuted over Windows and Linux platforms for Mfgpro ver 9. We are generating incremental dataslices using PROBKUP command.

Does anybody have any idea whether a data slice generated on a DOS platform can be restored on a Linux platform. When i am trying to do so, the progress throws error number 1058 and 1059. Both the errors mention that there is some corruption with the backup header. However a DOS based database works directly on Linux platform and vice-versa.

Please help. :confused::confused:

cecsno

1. Database name must be <= 11 characters.

2. Both platforms have the same type of processor(s) (i.e. Intel 32 bit machines).

salil said:
Hi,

We are having Progress 8.3D databases distrubuted over Windows and Linux platforms for Mfgpro ver 9. We are generating incremental dataslices using PROBKUP command.

Does anybody have any idea whether a data slice generated on a DOS platform can be restored on a Linux platform. When i am trying to do so, the progress throws error number 1058 and 1059. Both the errors mention that there is some corruption with the backup header. However a DOS based database works directly on Linux platform and vice-versa.

Please help. :confused::confused: