[Progress News] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Meet Daniel Kanaoka, Enterprise Account Manager at Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jessica Kent

Today, we shine a spotlight on Daniel Kanaoka, who has been recognized for “Progress Collaboratively,” one of the ProgressPROUD core values we strive to embody every day.

Sales is a highly collaborative field. Whether connecting with other sales team members or with other individuals across an organization, it’s a job that requires expert communication skills.

Daniel Kanaoka is well-versed in the collaborative aspect of sales. Based in São Paulo City, Brazil, Daniel manages sales in the Latin American and Caribbean region. With a lifelong interest in tech, Daniel is used to the ever-changing nature of the field and is always trying to learn something new.

Learn more about Daniel and his experience at Progress in the interview below.

How long have you worked at Progress?​

I started to work at Progress a little over a year ago. I came to sell Kemp/Flowmon solutions in the Latin American and Caribbean region, and to develop relationships with distributors and channel partners.

How did you get into the tech field? What brought you to where you are today?​

When I was kid, microcomputing was just starting to get introduced in Brazil, so I had contact with this kind of information at school. I decided to take a professional course on this area in 1985. During the 80s, the Brazilian government didn’t permit any electronic technology imports from other countries to protect national companies against companies from the other countries. So, my professional life started at Brazilian companies.

In the 90s, the Brazilian government realized that they had to open our market to the imported solutions to bring in new technologies in a short amount of time. After that happened, I had the opportunity to work for American companies, gaining experience with infrastructure and security solutions. With this background, I was able to work at Progress.

Did you always know you wanted to work in tech/sales, or did you have a different dream when you were a kid?​

I’ve liked electronics ever since I was young, but I never had any ideas that I could work in a sales position.

Why is teamwork an essential part of sales?​

Every person has different skills, and when we join people with complementary skills, we get an outstanding sales team.

How do teamwork and collaboration factor into your day-to-day at Progress?​

Teamwork and collaboration are key factors to internal and external success because they make the job flow better and naturally make this job pleasurable.

What is your favorite part about working in the tech sector?​

When you work with technology every day, you can always find a new thing or area to learn about.

What qualities or skills should people in sales have?​

First of all, salespeople must love selling and be communicative. They should also like people, know how to listen, be willing to learn about new things every day and not be afraid to start over every quarter.

When you’re not working, what do you like to do?​

I like to spend time with my family, fish, play golf and take pictures.

What are you most excited about for the future of Progress?​

I’m excited about the prospect of new company acquisitions.

To get to know other Progressers like Daniel, read more of our employee interviews here.

Join Our Team!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.