Question Progress Education Community (pec)

Has anyone subscribed to Progress Education Community (PEC)? Did you get value from it? Could you get the same or equal value through progresstalk.com, psdn.com, or other related sites? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I guess it depends on your needs. Community forums are a great resource for asking questions, getting code snippets, and other person-to-person support. PEC (or eLearning, or whatever it's called these days) provides a structured curriculum that you won't get from a community resource. So if that style of learning suits you, and depending on your current level of knowledge, then there may be value in it for you.

It's worth noting that a PSDN subscription includes a registration for the eLearning site. So that's a bonus if you can justify the cost of PSDN.

Thanks Rob, it's mainly the newer stuff that I'm trying to get my hand's around (JSON, advanced OO, REST Services, PAS etc.) . Work doesn't support education so I was trying to figure out if it was worth my personal investment.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Depending on your location, another possible avenue for education is a Progress technical conference, like PUG Challenge EMEA or PUG Challenge Americas. I highly recommend this as a great way to learn about the platform.