[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: What is the maximum possible value of -io for a probkup incremental?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slacroixak

Hi forum, I am investigating the possibility to provide multiple backup points based on a full backup and a sophisticated set of incremental backups, thanks to the power of the "overlap factor" -io parameter (I know it will be a bit tricky but it sound feasible to do something clever if I keep track of things...) Now I cannot find in any KBase the maximum value we could ever use for this overlap factor. Could someone tell us? One idea is that at the end of might incremental backup sophisticated set job, I want to produce one rather large single incremental with -io = to the total number of incremental backups that has been recorded in the master block, so it would always be possible to restore a database with one full and one single incremental. The problem : this total number of incremental might become rather large, so I have to make sure I do not reach any bad limit. Would it be 255, 32000, or even more ? My target is OE12, but I'd be pleased to use it for OE11 as well

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.