[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: TRIGGER PROCEDURE FOR CREATE OF Customer - How to identify the created row(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rom Elwell

Working in a fog today and simply cannot think my way through this question. So rather than continue to pound my head on the desktop, I'll ask the fine folks in this forum. How can I identify the newly created row(s) for a table within the proc for TRIGGER PROCEDURE FOR CREATE OF Customer? Unlike the TRIGGER PROCEDURE FOR WRITE which optionally passes in the OLD and NEW buffers for the target table, I do not have these buffers for the CREATE trigger proc. Or do I? Is the trigger fired while the new Customer record is still in an open transaction and not yet committed, thereby allowing me to create a dynamic query for all Customer records where ROW-STATE = ROW-CREATED? Do I have access to the BEFORE-TABLE for Customer in the CREATE trigger? Do I need this object in the CREATE trigger? If so, how do I access it? https://documentation.progress.com/...l#page/dvref/trigger-procedure-statement.html Thanks much.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.