[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Tomcat Load Balancing Confusion

• Thread starter christian.bryan@capita.co.uk
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christian.bryan@capita.co.uk

Hi All I am confused, not for the first time! The Openedge documentation talks about setting up Tomcat Load Balancing for the PAS - OpenEdge 11.7 Documentation And mentions creating a PAS lb and status instance. However i am not sure what the point of those instances are as TC load balancing can use virtual equivalents of those as referenced in the attached document which is referenced in the KB article - Progress KB - How to configure PASOE for Load Balancing? (Please visit the site to view this file) The Openedge documentation does not explain how these PASOE lb and status instances are referenced and why you would create these instances rather than use the virtual ones in MOD_JK. I have also seen sight of articles that describe how you don't need sticky sessions for load balancing if you use the PASOE tomcat load balancing route but again it seems to be very poorly explained. Is there a more definitive explanation of the pro's and con's and how to guides for above options. Christian.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.