[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE "modules" and related compilation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ravi Sankar

[quote user="hutcj"]+1 for moving to Gradle. Working with Ant is just awful. [/quote] Thank you! [quote user="hutcj"] For PASOE compilation & deployment with a .war file in 11.7.x, I have gotten mixed responses on exactly how to use those Ant tasks. The documentation seems to indicate they can run independently of PDSOE, but in my experience it doesn't work properly without some of the output from point-and-click PDSOE. Others have said the output of PDSOE is meant to be the input of the Ant tasks, but I haven't gotten any answers on specifics for that - would you be able to shed some light on this? [/quote] I am aware of some of the queries raised regarding the flow and I agree that our documentation has some gaps to fill. I am afraid I don't know the answers to your queries of the top of my head. I will work with the team to get proper steps to follow for 11.7.x in next week. [quote user="hutcj"] Regarding the move toward Gradle, is this meant to replace the PCT build tool? Or will PCT be used inside the Groovy scripts? How will this impact CABL SonarQube builds? I know there is specific output the scanner looks for that PCT generates like listing, debug, xref, etc. [/quote] Gradle plug-in will use PCT under the covers for compilation. We didn't want to rewrite what PCT is already doing and doing it well. We added extra functionality on top of it for compile/build task. However it may not be the case for other tasks we intend to add in future. But the thing to note is that PCT interface goes away. User will define the configuration and the build flow logic as Gradle tasks, there won't be any need for writing XMLs. CABL integration with the Gradle plug-in need to be worked out yet. Thanks for pointing it out.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.