[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE "modules" and related compilation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Thanks for the response. Is the "gradle plugin" going to be open source, so we can see how it handles .propath? There are some really unusual things that are accomplished with that PDSOE file. For example it supports the ability to exclude certain programs from being compiled within a project, even though they are named with a ".p" extension. I'm unfamiliar with gradle. You call your component a "plugin" but that implies a plugin to gradle, not a plugin to PDSOE. Right? I'm assuming this plugin would be able to be used in an automated compiler toolchain, that had nothing to do with PDSOE, right? On another note, PASOE projects have been around for quite a while (11.5?). I'm curious how Progress intends for customers to compile and deploy these projects today (in versions 11.7.x). Is the expectation that everyone would do this type of work interactively, via the PDSOE user interface?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.