[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Is there a way to specify a working set to launch Studio inside of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seth Meldon

It was a unique situation but I figured it out with Harold's help. I had originally been looking for a way to: 1 - configure the rule projects shown in the project explorer at first launch of Studio, without being given the 'select or create workspace' dialogue. 2 - define these configurations so that they could be launched by other user accounts on the same machine, pulling in project files universal to all users of the machine. My original thought was to specify either a workspace or a working set within that workspace. To specify the workspace, I needed the -data command. But to pre-configure these commands to also be functional for future, not yet created user accounts, we needed to define launch parameters that would specify both a specific user-driven work directory and workspace, as follows: set CORTICON_WORK_DIR=%USERPROFILE%\Progress\CorticonWork_6.0 "C:\Progress\Corticon 6.0\Studio\eclipse\eclipse.exe" -data "%USERPROFILE%\Progress\Rule Projects\ This allowed multiple users to run with their own profile / workdir. Now, when new user accounts are created on the machine, and the rule projects are copied onto their accounts' file system, these shortcuts can be used for >1 user accounts.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.