[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How does client-server ABL recover from locked database record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Thanks Gus, Have you seen cases where the client-server 4GL session won't ever wake up again, despite the lock becoming available? I don't want to jump to the worst possible conclusion and point to a possible bug in _mprosrv, but I haven't found another explanation yet. Also, what are the chances that STOP-AFTER would be successful in releasing the 4GL session again (and properly generating a STOP/failure condition). The KB seemed to say this may not work when waiting on a network message (which we are likely doing given that we are waiting on a lock). >> there is another possibility though: the lock may not be released by the lock holder ... Thanks for pointing me to this possibility. I hadn't considered it. I suppose the best way to troubleshoot is to scan the _lock table VST and find any potential conflicts that way: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../19136 I had hoped to be able to point our DBA to the OEE console, so that they would find the problem without writing custom queries on the VST. But I don't think OEE is going to cut it this time.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.