[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How can I explain for business the difference between the classic AppServer and the new

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

This discussion would be most meaningful if we all had some common point of reference (eg. what does it mean when you say "equivalent value of newly purchased 11.7 AppServer). It would be nice if there was a price list with approximate/hypothetical numbers to use as a starting point for discussion purposes. I think we are probably saying the same things, but with a different number of 0's on the end (depending on who you get for a sales account manager, and how good they do their math). What made things even more interesting for us is that our classic appserver licenses were sold by "concurrent users". And that license model no longer exists in PASOE. This makes all the difference in the world. They only have a couple ways they license PASOE, and the one they prefer is "named user". Public information is hard to come by. For example, I don't think I've even seen a public list of the available licensing options. You would think that would at least be public since any given product is totally different if it is purchased by user/server/core/whatever.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.