[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Heart-stopping _mproapsv memory usage in PASOE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Here is another one from today. According to my scientific calculator, this comes out to ~21.5 GB (out of 32). And the memory is in the process working-set (actually resident). According to OEE, this resident memory is NOT reported as part of the ABL session memory, here are the four affected ABL sessions: So the memory appears to be port of the process, but not part of the only four sessions which are the most likely consumers of the memory (these are four long-running SSRS-shipping-analysis-reports that I've highlighted above). I'm able to free memory if I use the tomcat "manager" app and expire the HTTP sessions. After doing that we see the following in the logs (times four), and the ABL sessions are terminated, and the memory is released: [19/03/06@18:52:45.196-0500] P-007040 T-002576 1 AS-450 -- Connection failure for host 172.31.22.240 port 64579 transport TCP. (9407) [19/03/06@18:52:45.196-0500] P-007040 T-002576 1 AS-450 MSAS Error handling request! Status=-4004 [19/03/06@19:01:29.557-0500] P-007040 T-002576 1 AS-Aux-0 MSAS Worker Thread exiting. Number: 7, Status: -14 Unfortunately it would take a whole day for these HTTP sessions to have expired on their own. That is because the tomcat HTTP session timeout in the default web.xml doesn't expire sessions until 24 hours have passed. Side note - This is to avoid an unrelated bug in the Progress openclient where session-free connections are closed prematurely ( Progress KB - PASOE failures after a period of inactivity ) Perhaps I should be looking at overriding the HTTP session timeout at the level of an individual webapp . If that were possible then the HTTP sessions which are used for SSRS-shipping-analysis-reports could be given a shorter session timeout then the ones that are used for the openclient session-free connections in .Net. I believe the place to override the HTTP session timeout for individual webapps is in the file at the path : oepas1/webapps/myreportingapp1/WEB-INF/web.xml. I guess I will start playing with the timeout in there and see if I can cause my SSRS-shipping-analysis-reports to properly time-out, without breaking my openclient session-free connections. Please let me know if I'm not on the right track. I guess another approach would be to use STOP-AFTER in the ABL of the report itself but I'm not crazy about starting down that road yet.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.