[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Class And Delete Object Xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goo

In 4GL we would do something like this: Is it possible or necessary to do something like that when it comes to use of oObject = NEW ……. ?? Or will each object that has been lost ref. oObject = NEW will override previous ref to the object, be deleted because lack of reference ? *********************** you see the picture J Def temp-table ttCollect no-undo Field hObject as handle . : I.ex if I make a call to a external procedure : Run blabla.p set hTmp. AddCollect(hTmp). : : FINNALY: For each ttCollect: Delete object ttCollect.hObject no-error. End. END. ************************* Fra: marian.edu [mailto:bounce- marianedu@community.progress.com] Sendt: torsdag 22. desember 2016 13.38 Til: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com Emne: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] CLASS and Delete object xxxxx Update from Progress Community marian.edu I’m definitively with David on this… and I do hate the ‘dispose (anti) pattern’ as well, mind you even in 4GL there are ‘unmanaged resources’ that you need to clean yourself as won’t be handled by the GC (sockets, com handles, sax/x-document, etc). On the other hand the delete object statement can be used to kill one’s references if you get hold of them… like a public get only property, maybe it would be an idea to have delete object throw an error if exercised on a private set property but that shows how little fait one can have in his/her fellow developers ;) Marian Edu Acorn IT www.acorn-it.com www.akera.io +40 740 036 212 View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.