[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Raising a QUIT on purpose in a StateFree AppServer session

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slacroixak

Under some circumstances ** I'd like a traditional (non PAS-OE yet) StateFree AppServer agent quit its session from the ABL code of its deactivate procedure. ** for cleanup purposes, like when this agent finds out some bad code has left some unwanted share-lock records during a hit. First I tried with a simple QUIT as the doc says the following about the QUIT Statement: When QUIT is executed from within a procedure running on an AppServer, it terminates the ABL session running on the AppServer, causing the AppServer agent to shut down and returns to the ABL client session from which it was spawned. But obviously it does not work, as I can still see some record locks from persistent procedures that I started intentionally (for the sake of the test) during the AppServer Hit. So at the end of the day, I made a work around by firing an OS-COMMAND with asbman -i -stopagent I do not like this solution because it may take too long before the asbman -stopagent gets its job done, so the agent may run other requests. The doc also says the following about PAS-OE: When QUIT is executed from within a procedure running on a Pacific Application Server for OpenEdge (PAS for OE), the ABL session is reset to its initial state, which includes deletion of persistent procedures and static ABL objects, the disconnection of databases (or re-connection if the databases were connected at startup), and the clean-up of all global data, such as shared variables. Control then returns to the ABL client session from which the server session was accessed, and the server session is returned to its PAS for OE session pool for access by other client requests. This sounds promising. But I'd like to be sure this kind cannot be achieved with a Statefree traditional AppServer. I was told the QUIT does what I wish for the stateless operating mode (it would even quit the agent process), but I am at statefree. Any comment? /S

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back